The Autobots are a military group devoted to defending their planet, and the innocents of other worlds, including Earth, from the would-be conquest of the Decepticons. For millions of years they were the underdogs of the war, barely holding their ground through sheer temerity and perseverance. In the aftermath of Unicron's attack in 2005, they were able to take advantage of the confusion on Cybertron to reclaim most of the planet, and now oppose the Decepticons on roughly equal footing. The Autobots are also allied with the government of Earth, and many of them consider the Terran planet a second home.
The Autobots' main base of operation on Cybertron is Iacon. On Earth, they're based in Autobot City, on the outskirts of San Francisco. They as a whole fight not because they want to, but because they have to. Autobots that have motives based on hatred of the Decepticons or a simple desire to "blow things up" will have a hard time fitting in.
Chain of Command
- Rodimus Prime - In the original animated series universe.
- Optimus Prime - Legendary Autobot leader and the greatest of the Primes.
- Alpha Trion - Autobot founder and Optimus Prime's mentor. He merged with Vector Sigma.
- Sentinel Prime
- Zeta Prime
- Guardian Prime
- Prime Nova
- Ultra Magnus - City Commander, leader of the Wreckers and Second in Command among the Autobot forces.
- Fortress Maximus - Headmaster Commander.
- Autobot Intelligence - Clandestine Operations
- Autobot Military - Armed Forces
- Autobot Operations - Civil and Technical Operations
- Autobot City - A fortification built in California, it is the premier location for all Autobot activities on Earth. Metroplex makes up the bulk of the city, and is usually always found there.
- Iacon - The rebuilt city stands as a beacon to the continued vigilance of the Autobots and their dedication to taking back Cybertron. After having resided in Crystal City for years, Omega Supreme has relocated to the city acting as it's silent but ever watching guardian.
- Debris - An underground base constructed by the Wreckers before Iacon's reemergence, it's connected via a series of railway tracks to the city state on Cybertron.
- The Ark - Though not often in active use, the original base and sight of the ship's crash beside Mt. St. Hilary stands as a fallback if anything should ever happen to Autobot City.
- If it's giant and orange, chances are it's Autobot property.
- Orion Pax - Also known as the Ark II. It is a huge spaceship built by the Autobots that is used as a mobile base whenever the Autobots need to go into space.
- Steelhaven - Fortress Maximus' original ship he departed Cybertron with, was put back into use after the Headmaster Leader's return to active duty.